The William Travis Group is looking for a UNIX and/or Windows Administrator with a proven interest and skill for Technical Writing and an interest in a new opportunity in disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Writing and editing Disaster Recovery /Business Continuity plans, utilizing both technical and non-technical writing skills
- Maintaining recovery plans and procedures
- Performing internet-based and traditional research and fact checking
- Troubleshooting problems with MS Office, Windows XP, and Windows Server, Exchange, etc.
- STRONG writing ability
- Ability and willingness to repeatedly revise procedures until final publication
- 2-3 years administrator experience with Windows or UNIX and/or mainframe operating systems, including HP-UX, Solaris, AIX & Red Hat
- Network experience including AD, DNS, DHCP (Windows and non)
- Applicants with experience in Access, Excel, SQL and Visual Basic programming will be given priority.
- Periodic travel
- MOST OF ALL – A strong work ethic and a willingness to “go the extra mile”