More Tough Questions…
- Are the basic assumptions of your recovery plan still valid for 2018 and beyond?
- Can you really restore all backup data in the time allowed by your recovery time objective?
- How do you solve for cross-functional prioritization?
- Are business units 100% self-sufficient, or do they require centralized support staff?
- Are all of your backup files synchronized between all applications, all platforms and all locations?
- Can you really afford to lose the data from the last backup? Do you have plans to reconstruct it or will it be lost forever? Have your business personnel ever actually reconstructed it?
- Are your business personnel ready to wait hours/days while their systems return to normal? And do they know what to do while waiting?
- What business will be lost if your paper records are inaccessible or destroyed?
- How do you solve for cross-business unit synchronization?
- Does management really understand the extent of your recoverability and exactly what won’t be recovered?
- Have your recovery architectures significantly improved over the past few years?
- Is your recovery solution as “right” as it was 2 or 3 years ago?
- Do you know if you are paying more than you should for your recovery capabilities?
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!